Golf was born on foot, and in 2020, the game returned to its roots. A global pandemic helped that along as golf courses became a safe haven and a place to get fresh air.
As Golfweek writers look back on all their best memories from an extremely unusual year (don’t miss that here), some of the moments that stick out most took place on foot at our local golf courses.
In May, when compiling our third issue of the year, we put our heads together to brainstorm all our favorite elements of golf on foot, from our favorite walks around the globe to comfortable footwear to carry bags and push carts.
Here’s hoping the trend doesn’t subside as the world (hopefully) returns to normal again in 2021.
- Eamon Lynch might not remember all the shots, but he certainly recalls his favorite walks in golf and the friends who were with him.
- From Bandon Dunes to St. Andrews with several stops in between, Golfweek’s writers share their favorite walks in golf.
- What’s a good walk without great shoes? Here’s what you need to know.
- Modern carry bags make 18 holes a breeze. Check out a dozen of our favorites.
- Push carts also gained in popularity this year. These tips for selecting the right one, plus five models to consider, are a good place to start if you’re looking to save your back.
- Ever wondered what a professional keeps in his or her golf bag? Take a peek inside LPGA winner Caroline Masson’s, and hear what a caddie has to say about bag weight.
- How many golf clubs do you carry? Here’s a case for making it eight.
original article link https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2020/12/27/golf-on-foot-walking-2020-rounds-played-covid/